hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Glück <ortwin.glu...@nose.ch>
Subject Re: Change domains after faking a POST?
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2004 17:39:39 GMT
D Alvarado wrote:
> Ok, well I definitely won't pursue the blind
> route.  How would an HTTP Proxy behave in this
> situation?  Surely it wouldn't parse out HTML.

The thing is, the proxy doesn't have to. The client understands the
proxy protocol. It *explicitly* requests the page *through the proxy*,
thus knowing exactly that the proxy is only a proxy and not the actual
server hosting the requested document. The proxy does therefore not have
to tamper with the HTTP message body.

The proxy is quite blind in respect of the HTTP message body (it's only
iterested in its length and transfer encoding basically). But it is very
sensitive to the HTTP headers. It ensures proper transport of the
document between the two ends.

Odi

  NOSE applied intelligence ag

  software engineer                 [email] ortwin.glueck@nose.ch
  hardturmstrasse 171               [pgp key]          0x81CF3416