hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Gl├╝ck <ortwin.glu...@nose.ch>
Subject Re: JIRA vs Bugzilla issue
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2004 13:34:20 GMT
Thanks for your explanation. So I am okay with moving to JIRA. Now is
really a good time, since the number of open bugs is relatively small.
What about existing (old) bugs? Can those be migrated somehow automatically?

Odi

Kalnichevski, Oleg wrote:

> Odi,
> One nastiest thing about Bugzilla is its release versioning scheme: the release versions
in Bugzilla apply to all components within a project. Since all Commons projects are defined
as sub-projects within a project, we cannot have release targets defined specifically for
HttpClient. For instance, we can't simply have 2.1 version renamed to 3.0 and 3.0 to 4.0.
There may already be other projects using 2.1 tags. We'll have to go through a manual process
of reassigning target milestones on all 30 some bug reports. Not to mention asking the Bugzilla
admin to create those damn tags for us. JIRA is supposedly free from many of those limitations

> Basically my original point was, if we ever wanted to migrate, now would be the right
time. I am also quite satisfied with Bugzilla, but do find Bugzilla's versioning scheme constraining.