hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Gl├╝ck <ortwin.glu...@nose.ch>
Subject Re: refresh header proxy
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2004 13:23:45 GMT

Kalnichevski, Oleg wrote:

>>There is not anything like a refresh header in HTTP. You probably mean
>

> Odi, that quite well may be, but to my best knowledge certain widely used proxy headers
are not really defined by any RFCs. There are just common practices that most of the leading
proxy servers adhere to (to an extent) like 'Proxy-connection' header. Refresh header may
fall into such category of commonly used proxy headers. We should be able to tell if my theory
is right by examining the wirelog of the session.

It's not specific to proxy at all. Refresh was introduced by Netscape
1.1 and is not defined by any HTTP RFCs nowadays. You can still see it's
original definition here:
http://wp.netscape.com/assist/net_sites/pushpull.html

Odi