hc-dev mailing list archives

From Srinivas Vemula <srinivas.vem...@mensamind.com>
Subject Re: Next Release?
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 10:29:08 GMT
Hi All,
    I completely understand. Only reason I was curious was cos the
web-site mentions all the big stuff planned for 2.1. Thank you all for
your efforts.
srini

Kalnichevski, Oleg wrote:

>Srinivas,
>Making predictions about release dates for open-source projects is a nasty business. The
final 2.0 release was initially anticipated in June-July 2003. It did not quite work out for
us. Even though 2.0 is _almost_ finished (we have not been seeing any major bugs since September
2003 I believe) it may still take a month or two to get everything finalized. There's one
thing I am pretty confident about is that we will get 2.0rc3 out sometime this month. If no
significant problems are reported for two weeks or so past 2.0rc3, it will be declared THE
2.0 release.

>As to the development branch (currently dubbed 2.1) I would love to see the first public
Alpha ready by March.

--
Srinivas Vemula                          +91 40 23547826- Ext 201
Associate Consultant                     +91 40 23541447 (Fax)

DISCLAIMER
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and intended for the named recipient(s)
only. If you are not an intended recipient of this email you must not copy, distribute or
take any further action in reliance on it. You should delete it and notify the sender immediately.