hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Gl├╝ck <ortwin.glu...@nose.ch>
Subject Re: ssl authentication by certificate
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2004 13:06:06 GMT

Lionel PASQUIER wrote:

> Well... I successfully connected to a https server that does not require certificate
with httpClient: the ssl guide explain very well how to do this. But I did not spot anything
about client authentication....

There is not much.

> Maybe I am blind, but I need help! :)
>
> Is it in the SSLContext.init() that I should specify a KeyManager that I implemented?
How do httpClient handles it? what calls does it do to the KeyManager?

HttpClient just calls the SecureSocketFactory. You can write your own
and setup the Socket properly, configure your client certificates and so
on. Please also have a look at the contributed code (only in the Source
distribution in the src/contrib directory) or available in CVS online here:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-commons/httpclient/src/contrib/org/apache/commons/httpclient/contrib/ssl/

(URL may be wrapped)

HTH

Odi