hc-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Czeiszperger <c...@webperformanceinc.com>
Subject Httpclient won't run in JUnit
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2004 21:43:30 GMT
I apologize for asking a user-type question on the dev list, but the
common's user list was unable to help, and I've been working on this
for two weeks with no luck.  HttpClient is supposed to work within
JUnit since there's a test suite that uses JUnit. Unfortunately
whenever I try to use HttpClient within JUnit, as in this one line
instantiation:

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient client = new
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient();

what happens looks like a class loader error:

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class
org.apache.comons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger does not implement Log

It looks just like a class loader problem, but if HttpClient is tested
from within JUnit there wouldn't be fundamental problems like this, so
there's gotta be something wrong with what I'm doing.

Note:

I verified this with a couple of different JDK versions (1.4 and 1.5),
on both Windows and OSX.  (1.5 isn't available for OSX yet, and so that
wasn't tested.)

Thanks for any pointers-- I'd like to be able to use HttpClient.