hc-dev mailing list archives

From David Webb <dw...@hurff-webb.com>
Subject SSL problem on HPUX
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2004 21:47:52 GMT
I have written a simple Java application to call a URL using Jakarta
HttpClient.  The code works like a champ on my windows 2K development
workstation when accessing a URL the is protected by Siteminder (which
redirects to SSL for Authentication).  The big difference is that when I try to
run the same code on a HPUX box I get the following message...

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException:
CA certificate does not include basic constraints extension

I read some posts about Trusted CAs.  I used 'keytool' to create a keystore and
import the Root Certificate for the Trusted Authority and I start my JVM like
this...

keystore filename is cacerts
keystore password is password

java -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=/full/path/to/cacerts -
Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=password ClassName ARGS

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

--
Sincerely,