hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Charles Johnson" ...@proteanit.net>
Subject Horseplay - https
Date Sun, 11 Jan 2004 20:44:12 GMT
My objective is to log in to this site using httpclient:

http://www.racingpost.co.uk/horses

The first problem is that I can't see the connection between the following
request (gleaned from my browser + proxy) and the login form you see at the
top of the page. Evidently this GET request (why no POST?) has an encrypted
parameter string. Where has it come from? Where has the parameter name come
from? Is it anything to do with this, which is in the page?:

<IFRAME SRC="https://reg.racingpost.co.uk/cde/login_iframe.sd" etc.

Can httpclient cope?

Here's the request:

2. Then log in using the button at the top:
REQUEST
-------
GET /horses/?MIval=rp_reg_init&TMP_CK_CK=%7Fv%7Dw5u%2F2%23%24%22VML%5BCUGBJY
HTTP/1.1
Host: www.racingpost.co.uk
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate, compress;q=0.9
Accept-Charset: utf-8, *
Keep-Alive: 300
Cookie: session.ID=IDa200fff6130d72; PermRpLogin=httpclient