hc-dev mailing list archives

From eng...@sgx.com
Subject Re: Integrated Windows authentication
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 01:59:18 GMT

Thanks Adrian for your reply.

I managed to get HttpClient working with our proxy server, with the help of
our network people.  According to them, it seems that the IIS server needs
to be enabled with both the 'Basic' and 'Integrated Windows'
authentications on.  Previously, the 'Basic' authentication was not
enabled.

I am not a network guy, so I don't know what's happening.  Maybe someone
out there has an explanation.

Regards,
Eng Hoe
App Dev-DCS
SGX-IT Division

DID: (65) 62368963
FAX: (65) 64388840
email: enghoe@sgx.com

                    Adrian Sutton

                    <adrian@intenc       To:     Commons HttpClient Project

                    ha.com>               <commons-httpclient-dev@jakarta.apache.org>

                                         cc:

                    02/12/2003           Subject:     Re: Integrated Windows authentication

                    05:50 PM

                    Please respond

                    to "Commons

                    HttpClient

                    Project"

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechno

> l/windowsserver2003/proddocs/standard/sec_auth_intwinauth.asp)
>
> that this authentication is formerly known as NTLM.  However, it also
says
> that it does not work over HTTP proxy connection and is suited only for
> intranet environment.

HttpClient does support NTLM authentication and it does work with proxies.
There has been a few issues lately so if you're having trouble it would be
worth mentioning the specific problems you're having and we should be able
to help out.

For general info take a look at the authentication guide on the website
(http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/) I believe the specific page
is http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/authentication.html

Regards,

Adrian Sutton

Intencha "tomorrow's technology today"
Ph: 38478913 0422236329
Suite 8/29 Oatland Crescent
Holland Park West 4121
Australia QLD
www.intencha.com

For additional commands, e-mail:

Confidentiality Caution
message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly
notify the sender by reply email. Opinions, conclusions and other
information in this message that is not of an official nature shall be
deemed as neither given nor endorsed by SGX unless indicated by an
authorised representative independent of this message.