hc-dev mailing list archives

From "christopher justin" <christopher_jus...@hotmail.com>
Subject can't seem to supress logging
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 18:57:49 GMT
hi all,
this has been bugging me for over 24 hours now, so i figured i would ask
your help on this probably really simple answer.  I have set the following:

System.setProperty("org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.defaultlog","fatal");

But i still get WARNING and INFO message - I cannot seem to figure out how
to reduce the logging to FATAL or error.  The docs at
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/logging.html speak as if its as
easy as setting the appropriate system property, so maybe i am setting the
wrong property, but the one above says it is the how to set the default log
level for all classes.  The class I set this in is the one who is wriitng
warning, info and error messages.

Can some one please tell me how to set the logging level appropriatly?

Thanks in advance.