hc-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Berlin <sber...@limepeer.com>
Subject Re: Redirect across Ports
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2003 19:06:32 GMT
Hi David,

As I understand it, the functionality is not in (and is not projected
to be in) rc2.  This is because the fundamental architecture of
HttpClient in rc2 does not support a change of this nature.  On the CVS
HEAD, however, I think the change is already implemented (although I
could be wrong, as I haven't personally checked).  We have worked
around this by having a seperate "HttpClientManager" class with
certain, one of which will take an HttpClient and an HttpMethod and do
redirecting if so requested.  Some limitations of this is that it does
not work well with POST methods -- but that has not been a concern for
us (as we only do GETs).

You can view the code, if you like, at:
http://core.limewire.org/source/browse/core/com/limegroup/gnutella/
http/HttpClientManager.java?rev=1.6&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup .
  The method used is executeMethodRedirecting.  Note that it purposely
does not have a finally block around the executeMethod (to call
releaseConnection) because it is intended to be used by outer-classes
instead of calling executeMethod themselves, and as such those other
classes should have the finally block.

Thanks,
  Sam