hc-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>
Subject Re: can't seem to supress logging
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 19:38:50 GMT
Hi Chris,

There are two possibilities that I can think of:

1) The Log4j jar is on your classpath.  When Log4j is detected it is
used as the default logger and it controls the default log levels.

2) org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.defaultlog is not being set soon
enough.  This property must be set before commons-logging is used.  It
should be set prior to any calls to LogFactory.getLog().

Mike