hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: uploading large files
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2003 21:59:45 GMT
On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 22:48, Sid Subr wrote:
> using
> Allegro-Software-RomPager/3.10,

Jeeeeeeeeeeezaaaaaaaaaas.
What version of HTTP protocol does this thing support?

>  what is intriguing is
> that it works from a functionality provided on the web
> server for uploading and everything works fine..

I do not find this surprising, as all mainstream browser have been
optimised to work well (or more or less decently) with all sorts of
lousy software out there, whereas HttpClient per default uses rather
strict interpretation of HTTP specification. It takes some tweaking to
get it work with some non-compliant web servers.

Anyways, give HTTP/1.0 a shot

Oleg