hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Kalnichevski, Oleg" <oleg.kalnichev...@bearingpoint.com>
Subject RE: Cookie test case failures with Tomcat 4.1.29
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2003 17:01:15 GMT
Eric,
Strangely enough, I installed Tomcat 4.1.29 yesterday and had no failing test cases of whatsoever.
I reran the test cases with the latest code from CVS HEAD and 2.0 branch against Tomcat 4.1.29
after having read your message. Again, no failing test cases.

Did you keep your old server.xml file?

Oleg

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Johnson [mailto:eric@tibco.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 17:11
To: HttpClient
Subject: Cookie test case failures with Tomcat 4.1.29

It would seem that the latest Tomcat (4.1.29) has engaged in a subtle
change in behavior with respect to cookies.  When I ran it this morning,
nine of the cookie related test cases failed.  Last week, I was running
with Tomcat 4.1.27, and everything worked fine.

Since I had it readily available, I fell back to Tomcat 4.1.18 (I
deleted 4.1.27, unfortunately, and Apache is no longer hosting it) and
ran the tests again, and got all of the tests to pass with no errors.

Upon inspection, the failures would seem to be due to the test servlet
returning:

<tt>simplecookie=value</tt>

instead of:

<tt>simplecookie="value"</tt>

Which is right - our test cases, or the new behavior?

-Eric.