hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Glück <ortwin.glu...@nose.ch>
Subject Re: HttpMethodBase.releaseConnection() finished download
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2003 14:17:10 GMT
Sven Köhler wrote:
>> Adding the ability to abort methods is planned for the 2.1 release,
>> but I don't think anyone has begun work on it yet.  If you come up
>> with a good solution that you are willing to submit we would be happy
>> to make use of it.
>

> So what would you suggest how an abort should look like? For me, a
> boolean paramter for the releaseConnection-method would be sufficient.
> (releaseConnection() would be a shortcut to releaseConnection(boolean)
> than).
>
> I need this now, so i would try to implement a patch.

For semantic reasons I suggest an HttpMethod::abort() method. You will
need to create a patch against CVS HEAD. Because for the 2.0 branch it
is definitely too late for this feature.

Maybe we will even need a HttpClient::abortAll(), but then HttpClient
would need to know all the methods it is currently executing. That is
easy to implement however.

Odi