hc-dev mailing list archives

From Sven Köhler <skoeh...@upb.de>
Subject Re: Cookies, Chunked-Post & Threads
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2003 14:40:20 GMT
> unless you have taken special precautions, the state object
> is used to store cookies. Using the same state from different
> threads can mix up the cookies from different clients pretty
> badly.
> Once you have the cookie problem solved, there is no issue
> with using the same state object. I dimly remember seeing
> some synchronized statements in there. Anyway, except for
> storing cookies, it is accessed read-only.

Well, it's a that odd application of the HttpState-Object since every
browser makes multiple requests to a server in parrallel. So this would
be a feature i would request.

Well, most methods of HttpState seem to be synchronized, but as i
already mentioned, it's pretty easy to easy to solve any "bad mix-up".

What i don't want is to serialize (meaning executing one after another)
the HTTP-Requests. I want them to execute in parralel.