hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Gl├╝ck <ortwin.glu...@nose.ch>
Subject Re: 500 Server Error from IIS 4.0 with large Content-Length
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 08:27:48 GMT

Kaufmann, Scott wrote:

> I'm using 2.0-rc2 of http client to mimic a form based application.
> Everything works fine until the Content-Length of my post gets above ~45K.
> Then I get an IIS 4.0 genereated 500 Server Error with the response body
> reading:

enough storage is available
> to complete this operation. </body></html>
>
> However, if I use the GUI based form to post the same content from IE, it
> works without problems.  Any ideas?

Are you setting the content length on the request? If not, the request
is sent using chunked transfer encoding. The server may have
restrictions on the maximum size of such requests.

Are you using the 100-Continue handshake? Maybe the server is happier
with that.

just ideas

Odi