hc-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>
Subject Re: Keeping Connections Alive
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2003 03:32:04 GMT
Hi Sam,

HttpClient does not do any active connection reclaiming, except when
the resources are reused.  In the case of the
SimpleHttpConnectionManager the connection is never closed/reopened
unless it is required for a new method execution.  The case for
MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager is similar though a little more
complicated.  It keeps a pool of connections with a per-host and total
connection limit.  Again these connections are never closed until a
request for a new connection warrants it.

Mike