hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Kaufmann, Scott" <Scott.Kaufm...@vignette.com>
Subject RE: 500 Server Error from IIS 4.0 with large Content-Length
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 05:01:38 GMT
Not using a multipart post.  The application I'm replicating uses a textbox
for the input.   My original data is coming from a file, but I'm reading it
in, doing some text rewriting, and then adding the new text to a cdata block
of a larger xml string passed as a form parameter.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Becke [mailto:becke@u.washington.edu]
Sent: Mon 11/10/2003 9:00 PM
To: Commons HttpClient Project
Subject: Re: 500 Server Error from IIS 4.0 with large Content-Length

Hi Scott,

If you are performing a file upload, the browser is probably using a
multipart post.  HttpClient supports multipart posts.  Please take a
look at
<http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/methods/
multipartpost.html> and
<http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-commons/httpclient/src/
examples/?only_with_tag=HTTPCLIENT_2_0_BRANCH> for some examples.

Mike

On Nov 10, 2003, at 5:07 PM, Kaufmann, Scott wrote:

> I'm using 2.0-rc2 of http client to mimic a form based application.
> Everything works fine until the Content-Length of my post gets above
> ~45K.
> Then I get an IIS 4.0 genereated 500 Server Error with the response
> body
> reading:

enough storage is