hc-dev mailing list archives

From carmine.lucare...@lombard.ca
Subject Slow execution of POST method
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 13:58:00 GMT
Hello all.  Let me know if this isn't the list to ask this.
I'm using httpclient to execute a POST request to
our mainframe CICS region.  The request takes 3 to
4 seconds to complete through httpclient and less
then one second via a web page and browser.

When I look at the log files, I see this:

109  2003-10-22 09:31:06,591 [main] DEBUG
org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.EntityEnclosingMethod
  - enter EntityEnclosingMethod.writeRequestBody(HttpState,
HttpConnection)
109  2003-10-22 09:31:06,591 [main] DEBUG
org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.EntityEnclosingMethod
  - Expecting response
109  2003-10-22 09:31:06,591 [main] DEBUG
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection  -
  enter HttpConnection.waitForResponse(int)

then there are pages and pages of the following:

[main] DEBUG org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection
 - enter HttpConnection.responseAvaliable()

...then after a couple seconds worth of log entries, I see:

3123 2003-10-22 09:31:09,605 [main] DEBUG
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection
        - Waiting for response timeout
3123 2003-10-22 09:31:09,605 [main] DEBUG
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethod
        - Response not available. Send the request body

This is a non-authenticated POST method with one name/value pair.  Have I
done
something incorrectly here?  I simply create the PostMethod, add a
NameValue pair
and execute it.

Thanks,
Carmine Lucarelli

This email is confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
the sender by return email and delete this message
from your mail box without reading or copying it or
any attachments. While Lombard Canada Ltd. runs
anti-virus software on all servers and all PCs, it
cannot be held responsible for any infected files that
you may receive. Lombard Canada Ltd. advises all
recipients to virus scan any file attachments.