hc-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>
Subject Re: SoTimeout setting
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2003 13:30:42 GMT

On Oct 28, 2003, at 3:57 AM, Kalnichevski, Oleg wrote:
> I have (what appears to me at) a fairly straight-forward approach:
> allow HttpConnectionParams to be created and customized before
> physical HttpConnection instance is allocated, when connection manager
> allocates a connection it can look corresponding parameter object up
> from a hash map, and, if found, assign it to the connection. End of
> the story.

I think we are fairly nearly talking about the same thing.  The only
possible difference I see is how the instance of HttpConnectionParams
is obtained.  My thought is to pass the instance into HttpClient as a
param to executeMethod() or something similar.  How do you envision
controlling access to the hash map of params?

Mike