hc-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>
Subject Re: Where is the wired log?
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2003 01:06:51 GMT
Are you using log4j?

Mike

On Tuesday, October 14, 2003, at 06:26 PM, Raj Wagle wrote:

> Sorry if I'm asking trivial questions, but the raw HTTP is not there  
> on the console. That's where I should be expecting it, right?  I hope  
> it's not going to some file.   I've carefully gone through the trace.   
> I've copied a small portion of the trace here.  Does it look okay?   
> I'd have expected to see the HTTP request somewhere here.
>
> 2003/10/14 18:33:36:409 EDT [TRACE] GetMethod - -enter  
> GetMethod(String)
> 2003/10/14 18:33:36:409 EDT [TRACE] HttpClient - -enter  
> HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpMethod)
> 2003/10/14 18:33:36:409 EDT [TRACE] HttpClient - -enter  
> HttpClient.executeMethod(HostConfiguration,HttpMethod,HttpState)
> 2003/10/14 18:33:36:420 EDT [DEBUG] HttpConnection -  
> -HttpConnection.setSoTimeout(0)
> 2003/10/14 18:33:36:420 EDT [TRACE] HttpConnection - -enter  
> HttpConnection.open()
> 2003/10/14 18:33:36:450 EDT [TRACE] HttpMethodBase - -enter  
> HttpMethodBase.execute(HttpState, HttpConnection)
> 2003/10/14 18:33:36:450 EDT [DEBUG] HttpMethodBase - -Execute loop try  
> 1
> 2003/10/14 18:33:36:450 EDT [TRACE] HttpMethodBase - -enter  
> HttpMethodBase.processRequest(HttpState, HttpConnection)
> 2003/10/14 18:33:36:450 EDT [TRACE] HttpMethodBase - -Attempt number 1  
> to process request
> 2003/10/14 18:33:36:450 EDT [TRACE] HttpMethodBase - -enter  
> HttpMethodBase.writeRequest(HttpState, HttpConnection)
> 2003/10/14 18:33:36:450 EDT [TRACE] HttpMethodBase - -enter  
> HttpMethodBase.writeRequestLine(HttpState, HttpConnection)
> 2003/10/14 18:33:36:460 EDT [TRACE] HttpMethodBase - -enter  
> HttpMethodBase.generateRequestLine(HttpConnection, String, String,  
> String, String)
> 2003/10/14 18:33:36:460 EDT [TRACE] HttpConnection - -enter  
> HttpConnection.print(String)
> 2003/10/14 18:33:36:470 EDT [TRACE] HttpConnection - -enter  
> HttpConnection.write(byte[])
> 2003/10/14 18:33:36:470 EDT [TRACE] HttpConnection - -enter  
> HttpConnection.write(byte[], int, int)
> 2003/10/14 18:33:36:470 EDT [TRACE] HttpMethodBase - -enter  
> HttpMethodBase.writeRequestHeaders(HttpState,HttpConnection)
> 2003/10/14 18:33:36:470 EDT [TRACE] HttpMethodBase - -enter  
> HttpMethodBase.addRequestHeaders(HttpState, HttpConnection)
> 2003/10/14 18:33:36:470 EDT [TRACE] HttpMethodBase - -enter  
> HttpMethodBase.addUserAgentRequestHeaders(HttpState, HttpConnection)
> 2003/10/14 18:33:36:470 EDT [TRACE] HttpMethodBase - -enter  
> HttpMethodBase.addHostRequestHeader(HttpState, HttpConnection)
> 2003/10/14 18:33:36:470 EDT [DEBUG] HttpMethodBase - -Adding Host  
> request header
> 2003/10/14 18:33:36:470 EDT [TRACE] HttpMethodBase - -enter  
> HttpMethodBase.addCookieRequestHeader(HttpState, HttpConnection)
> 2003/10/14 18:33:36:480 EDT [TRACE] HttpState - -enter  
> HttpState.getCookies()
> 2003/10/14 18:33:36:480 EDT [TRACE] CookieSpec - -enter  
> CookieSpecBase.match(String, int, String, boolean, Cookie[])
> 2003/10/14 18:33:36:480 EDT [TRACE] HttpMethodBase - -enter  
> HttpMethodBase.addAuthorizationRequestHeader(HttpState, > HttpConnection)
> 2003/10/14 18:33:36:480 EDT [TRACE] HttpMethodBase - -enter  
> HttpMethodBase.addProxyAuthorizationRequestHeader(HttpState,  
> HttpConnection)
> 2003/10/14 18:33:36:480 EDT [TRACE] HttpMethodBase - -enter  
> HttpMethodBase.addProxyConnectionHeader(HttpState, HttpConnection)
> 2003/10/14 18:33:36:490 EDT [TRACE] HttpMethodBase - -enter  
> HttpMethodBase.addContentLengthRequestHeader(HttpState, > HttpConnection)
> 2003/10/14 18:33:36:490 EDT [TRACE] HttpConnection - -enter  
> HttpConnection.print(String)
> 2003/10/14 18:33:36:490 EDT [TRACE] HttpConnection - -enter  
> HttpConnection.write(byte[])
> 2003/10/14 18:33:36:490 EDT [TRACE] HttpConnection - -enter  
> HttpConnection.write(byte[], int, int)
> 2003/10/14 18:33:36:490 EDT [TRACE] HttpConnection - -enter  
> HttpConnection.print(String)
> 2003/10/14 18:33:36:490 EDT [TRACE] HttpConnection - -enter  
> HttpConnection.write(byte[])
> 2003/10/14 18:33:36:500 EDT [TRACE] HttpConnection - -enter  
> HttpConnection.write(byte[], int, int)
> 2003/10/14 18:33:36:500 EDT [TRACE] HttpConnection - -enter  
> HttpConnection.writeLine()
> 2003/10/14 18:33:36:500 EDT [TRACE] HttpConnection - -enter  
> HttpConnection.write(byte[])
> 2003/10/14 18:33:36:500 EDT [TRACE] HttpConnection - -enter  
> HttpConnection.write(byte[], int, int)
> 2003/10/14 18:33:36:500 EDT [TRACE] HttpConnection - -enter  
> HttpConnection.flushRequestOutputStream()
> 2003/10/14 18:33:36:500 EDT [TRACE] HttpConnection - -enter  
> HttpConnection.flushRequestOutputStream()
> 2003/10/14 18:33:36:500 EDT [TRACE] HttpMethodBase - -enter  
> HttpMethodBase.readResponse(HttpState, HttpConnection)
>
> Thanks
> Raj
>
> 	-----Original Message-----
> 	From: Oleg Kalnichevski [mailto:olegk@apache.org]
> 	Sent: Tue 10/14/2003 6:18 PM
> 	To: Commons HttpClient Project
> 	Cc:
> 	Subject: Re: Where is the wired log?
> 	
> 	
>
> 	Raj,
> 	Wire logs must be there. I suppose they are simply buried by all those
> 	no numerous trace logs. Try reducing log verbosity from 'trace' to
> 	'debug'. You might even consider reducing the verbosity of
> 	 
> "org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.log.org.apache.commons.httpclient 
> "
> 	to 'warn' level.
> 	
> 	Oleg
> 	
> 	>     System.setProperty("org.apache.commons.logging.Log",
> 	>                        "org.apache.commons.logging.impl.SimpleLog");
> 	>      
> System.setProperty("org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.showdatetime",
> 	>                        "true");
> 	>     System.setProperty(
> 	>         "org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.log.httpclient.wire",  
> "debug");
> 	>     System.setProperty(
> 	>          
> "org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.log.org.apache.commons.httpclient 
> ",
> 	>         "trace");
> 	>
> 	> This is giving out a lot of trace messages but how do I get to the  
> see the HTTP requests and responses?
> 	>
> 	> Thanks
> 	> Raj
> 	>
> 	
> 	
> 	---------------------------------------------------------------------
> 	To unsubscribe, e-mail:  
> commons-httpclient-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> 	For additional commands, e-mail:  
> commons-httpclient-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org
> 	
> 	
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail:  
> commons-httpclient-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail:  
> commons-httpclient-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: commons-httpclient-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: commons-httpclient-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message