hc-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>
Subject Re: MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager question
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2003 23:24:18 GMT
Hi Andrea,

The MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager creates connections and keeps
them open as long as it can.  The number of connections kept open can
be configured using setMaxConnectionsPerHost() and
setMaxTotalConnections().  The issue of the sockets in the CLOSE_WAIT
state seems to be a side effect of linux.  In particular it seems to
keep sockets is this state even after the java.net.Socket has been
closed.  I don't think there is much that can be done about it.

Mike