hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Kalnichevski, Oleg" <oleg.kalnichev...@bearingpoint.com>
Subject RE: SoTimeout setting
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2003 13:57:14 GMT
> I think we are fairly nearly talking about the same thing.  The only
> possible difference I see is how the instance of HttpConnectionParams
> is obtained.  My thought is to pass the instance into HttpClient as a
> param to executeMethod() or something similar.

Mike, this is certainly a possibility. What tortures me is realization that with this kind
of setup HttpConnection (and possibly HttpConnectionManager) should not have been HttpParams-enabled
after all. My initial plan was to enable the user to enumerate HttpConnections contained by
the multithreaded connection manager. I guess the plan was ill-conceived

> How do you envision controlling access to the hash map of params?

I was thinking about some additional methods on the HttpConnectionManager interface, something
like HttpConnectionManager#getParamsFor(HostConfiguration).

Oleg