hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Kalnichevski, Oleg" <oleg.kalnichev...@bearingpoint.com>
Subject RE: SoTimeout setting
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2003 08:57:08 GMT
Mike,

> This is a possibility, though I get the impression that people still
> want to specify things at the request level.

There are things that people want even though they do not make sense. SO_TIMEOUT on a per
request basis IMHO falls into this category.

> The more I think about this the more I feel like our current options
> are not really what we're looking for.  It seems like we need a new
> level of functionality for configuring/preparing connections between
> the time they are checked out of a connection manager and the time they
> are used in a method.  Any thoughts?  What are you thinking in regard
> to the HttpConnectionParams/host config mapping?

I have (what appears to me at) a fairly straight-forward approach: allow HttpConnectionParams
to be created and customized before physical HttpConnection instance is allocated, when connection
manager allocates a connection it can look corresponding parameter object up from a hash map,
and, if found, assign it to the connection. End of the story.

Cheers

Oleg