hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Kalnichevski, Oleg" <oleg.kalnichev...@bearingpoint.com>
Subject RE: SoTimeout setting
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2003 13:37:32 GMT
Here's the current hierarchy of preference objects

Global params
 !
 +--- HttpClient params
       !
       +--- HttpConnectionManager params
       !     !
       !     +--- HttpConnection params
       !
       +--- HttpMethod params

Logically SO_TIMEOUT parameter applies to HttpConnection objects. It has nothing to do with
HttpMethod objects (at least in my opinion). This way SO_TIMEOUT parameter can be defined
at the HttpConnection level or any level above HttpConnection, that is HttpConnectionManager,
HttpClient, or Global. HttpConnection will retrieve the value of SO_TIMEOUT from the lowest
level at which it is defined. Per default SO_TIMEOUT is undefined, that is, the JVM default
value will apply

HTH

Oleg