hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Kalnichevski, Oleg" <oleg.kalnichev...@bearingpoint.com>
Subject RE: Java 1.1.8 Status
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 17:16:49 GMT
Sam,
I thought that reliance on com.sun.* classes was a fairly bad idea. So I opted to replace
Java 1.2 collection classes with their Java 1.1 counterparts. That can make maintenance of
a patch against HEAD or 2.0 branch difficult.

I did not add any new methods or classes but I could not resist the temptation of removing
all of the deprecated legacy code in HttpClient.

Oleg

-----Original Message-----
From: Sam Berlin [mailto:sberlin@limepeer.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 16:57
To: Commons HttpClient Project
Cc: David.Cowan@apcc.com
Subject: Re: Java 1.1.8 Status

Thanks for the reply, Oleg.

Was the prior port mainly an exercise in converting
java.util.[CollectionClasses] to com.sun.java.util.[CollectionClasses]?
If that's the case (and perhaps with a few new methods sprinkled in)
maintaining a patch against the head would probably be the best and
easiest way to go.  Although I do not quite have the time to keep the
JRE 1.1 port completely up to date, I can help keep it relevant, if needed.

Thanks,
 Sam