hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Kalnichevski, Oleg" <oleg.kalnichev...@bearingpoint.com>
Subject RE: Proposal: Configurable HTTP Response length limit
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2003 11:45:12 GMT
Chris,
I have to agree with Odi. The proposed functionality is not generic enough, can be (more or
less) easily implemented on top of the standard HttpClient and therefore does not really warrant
in my opinion an inclusion into the main code tree.

Oleg

-----Original Message-----
From: Ortwin Gl├╝ck [mailto:ortwin.glueck@nose.ch]
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2003 13:34
To: Commons HttpClient Project
Subject: Re: Proposal: Configurable HTTP Response length limit

Chris,

Thanks for posting. However I really don't see why this should be a
responsibility of HttpClient. The user can always discard the rest of a
response if he wants to. I my eyes you are solving the problem at too
low a level. The only problem that arises is with endless streams, since
HttpClient always tries to consume the input stream until the end. The
only thing you need is a way to forcibly end a connection.

Odi