hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Kalnichevski, Oleg" <oleg.kalnichev...@bearingpoint.com>
Subject RE: EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory and IBM JRE 1.4.1
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 16:34:20 GMT
Marcus,

The EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory class is not intended to be used as is. This is precisely
why the class sits in the '*.httpclient.contrib.ssl' package rather in the '*.httpclient.protocol'
package proper. We strongly encourage the users to take 'contrib' classes as a starting point
and apply changes that they deem appropriate.

I hope that clarifies things a bit

Cheers

Oleg

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcus Crafter [mailto:crafterm@managesoft.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 18:16
To: commons-httpclient-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory and IBM JRE 1.4.1

Hi All,

Hope all is going well!

I've just noticed that the EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory class in
httpclient contrib imports some specific classes from the Sun JSSE
implementation, which fails when using the IBM 1.4.1 JRE due to package
name conflicts.

eg. Sun JSSE has com.sun.net.ssl.SSLContext where IBM JSSE has
com.ibm.net.ssl.SSLContext

Is there anyway to get this code to work without importing the classes
themselves, perhaps rather with interfaces, etc? I gave it a go but
didn't have any luck - but then again I'm not a JSSE guru so I was only
playing in reality - any thoughts there at all?

If not, I guess the alternative is to detect the JSSE implementation at
runtime and use reflection and proxy classes to return the right one?

Any other suggestions that fix up the problem? Any info much
appreciated.

Cheers,

Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&: