hc-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>
Subject Re: SoTimeout setting
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2003 18:18:27 GMT

> Mike, this is certainly a possibility. What tortures me is
> realization that with this kind of setup HttpConnection (and possibly
> HttpConnectionManager) should not have been HttpParams-enabled after
> all. My initial plan was to enable the user to enumerate
> HttpConnections contained by the multithreaded connection manager. I
> guess the plan was ill-conceived

We may be coming at this from the wrong angle, but I also think having
the connection configuration is a good thing.  My gut reaction at the
moment is that we're trying to do too much with the connection managers.

> I was thinking about some additional methods on the
> HttpConnectionManager interface, something like
> HttpConnectionManager#getParamsFor(HostConfiguration).

This is a possibility, though for the simple connection manager it seems
like overkill.

Mike