hc-dev mailing list archives

From "linea@libero.it" <li...@libero.it>
Subject Re: SoTimeout setting
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2003 16:28:35 GMT
Hi,
sorry for not having introduced myself..My name is Fabio Capannini,it's not the
first time I'm writing to this list:I have filed the bug report 23137 and
already asked about the possibilty to set different timeouts for different
methods on September the 9th.

thanks again
your work proves really useful

I'm going to file a bug report for this issue.

Kalnichevski, Oleg wrote:
>>If I can't modify the timeout for any connections
>>in the pool, how can I get a connection with a different timeout just for that
>>thread and not for all of them?
>

> All right. That's the real issue here. If my memory does not fail me, we have already
discussed it, agreed that it was a limitation, and I have committed to provide a fix for it.
If you want to make sure that the issue does not go forgotten, just file a bug report with
the bugzilla.

> Oleg
>

> Kalnichevski, Oleg wrote:
>
>>Are you sure you want to be able to set different SO_TIMEOUT per method, not per connection?
>>
>>Oleg

to do with HttpMethod objects (at least in my opinion). This way SO_TIMEOUT parameter can
be defined at the HttpConnection level or any level above HttpConnection, that is HttpConnectionManager,
HttpClient, or Global. HttpConnection will retrieve the value of SO_TIMEOUT from the lowest
level at which it is defined. Per default SO_TIMEOUT is undefined, that is, the JVM default
value will apply