hc-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>
Subject Re: Virtual Proxies
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2003 17:05:13 GMT
Hi Chris,

Setting a null realm on the credentials should do the trick.

Mike

Riddick, Chris wrote:
> Can anyone offer any advice with this situation...
>
> We have a virtual proxy id which hides 3 physical proxy servers. This means
> that when we connect using httpclient to the host "OURPROXY", we could be
> connected to any one of those three servers.
>
> The API requires us to specify the realm. e.g.
>
> credentials = new UsernamePasswordCredentials(proxyUid, proxyPwd)
> client.getState().setProxyCredentials("myproxy1.myco.com", "OURPROXY",
> credentials);
>
> The code checks the data supplied, against the proxy challenge returned in
> the headers. As we could get any one of 3 servers "myproxy1.myco.com",
> "myproxy2.myco.com", "myproxy3.myco.com", the code often fails.
>
> The only way I can think of to get round this issue, is to manually open a
> connection to the URL, read the challenge header info from the response,
> parse the proxy realm from it and pass it into the setProxyCredentials
> method.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Regards
> Chris
>

> This e-mail (and any attachments) may contain privileged and/or confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient please do not disclose, copy, distribute, disseminate
or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error please reply
and tell us and then delete it. Should you wish to communicate with us by e-mail we cannot
guarantee the security of any data outside our own computer systems. For the protection of
Legal & General's systems and staff, incoming emails will be automatically scanned.

> Any information contained in this message may be subject to applicable terms and conditions
and must not be construed as giving investment advice within or outside the United Kingdom.

> Representative only of the Legal & General marketing group, members of which are
regulated by the Financial Services Authority for the purposes of advising on life assurance
and investment products bearing Legal & General's name.