hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ollie Rutherfurd <oli...@rutherfurd.net>
Subject addRequestHeader doesn't work for "Cookie"?
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2003 17:48:14 GMT
Hi,

I'm using HttpClient 2.0 rc-2 and having a problem adding a request header named
"Cookie".

Using the following:

   method.addRequestHeader("Cookie", "MOIN_ID=\"...\"");

I don't see a "Cookie" header, combing through the logging output with
"org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.log.httpclient.wire"="true".

Using the following:

   method.addRequestHeader("FooHoo", "WooWee");

I do see "FooHoo", so this seems to be specific to "Cookie" unless I'm missing
something or doing something wrong.

Is this a bug or by design?  I'd like to be able to send a cook value with
having to deal with policies, etc...

Thanks,
-Ollie

--