hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HttpRecoverableException
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2003 22:12:45 GMT
Fabio,
HttpConnection.ConnectionTimeoutException should have been replaced with
ConnectTimeoutException. It's my oversight, for which I'll provide a
fix. IOTimeoutException usually is a wrapper for
java.io.InterruptedIOException. I guess the name does not adequately
reflect the nature of this exception.

All read I/O exceptions that occur while a connection is open are
(should be re) rethrown as HttpRecoverableException.

Please let me know under what circumstances you are getting
java.net.SocketTimeoutException. Wire log would be appreciated.

I am planning to do some cleaning up on the HttpConnection class. Expect
a patch by Monday.

Oleg