hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrea Fabris" <cavaliereosc...@email.it>
Subject MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager question
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2003 12:55:41 GMT
Hi everyone!
I'd like to ask some question about http pool in commons-httpclient.
As i read, MultiTrheadedHttpConnectionManager is the manger responsible for
handling the connection in a multi-thread enviroment.
I want to use this to create a private HttpClient property in a servlet
class, so each servlet thread can use a different socket to communicate with
a remote http server.
Now i monitored my enviroment to check the connection status and i found
that, when i don't use the servlet, some connection from servlet to remote
hosts remain up in CLOSE_WAIT state.
I want to ask you if this beahaviour is correct, because doing so the
manager uses machine resources even when there are no active requestes for
connection for a long time.
My enviroment is:
OS: linux redhat 8.2 with kernel 2.4.18
JVM: 1.3.1_07-b02
Tomcat 3.3.1
Commons-HttpClient 2.0rc1

Thanx for your help

Regards
Andrea Fabris
Sytel Reply - Italy

Sponsor:
Conto Arancio. Zero spese, stessa banca, piĆ¹ interessi.
Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=657&d=8-10