hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Elankath, Tarun (Cognizant)" <ETa...@blr.cognizant.com>
Subject doubt on HttpClient design regarding HttpMethod
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2003 09:33:03 GMT
Hi all,

I am new to HttpClient and was reading through its "Getting started" section. What struck
me immediately is that HttpMethods are full-fledged objects of their own in HttpClient. I
think this is a great idea.

However, I don't understand why HttpClient couldn't have something like a HttpResponse object
that is returned when execute() is called. It just seems a bit kludgy to call getResponse()
on the HttpMethod object itself.

Was there a design reason on why this was done ?

PLUS: I am enjoying this library. Thank you for it!

Regards,
Tarun