hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Kalnichevski, Oleg" <oleg.kalnichev...@bearingpoint.com>
Subject RE: How do I get passed my NT Proxy?
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2003 08:26:15 GMT
Mike,
I believe this problem has nothing to do with 'connection: close' header. The force-close
flag must be explicitly set by invoking HttpMethodBase#setConnectionCloseForced(boolean).
There are only two invocations of this method in our code. None of them should have been triggered
by the proxy response as far as I can tell. This is all VERY weird.

Aaron,
Are you using a stock version of HttpClient? Have you made any modifications to the code that
may call HttpMethodBase#setConnectionCloseForced(boolean) method?

Oleg

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Becke [mailto:becke@u.washington.edu]
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2003 7:40 PM
To: Commons HttpClient Project
Subject: Re: How do I get passed my NT Proxy?

Yes, this is definitely the problem.  I haven't looked at the code to
verify, but is it possible that the "connection: close" from the first
request is being reused?

Mike

Kalnichevski, Oleg wrote:

> [DEBUG] wire - -<< "HTTP/1.1 407 Proxy authentication required[\r][\n]"
> [DEBUG] wire - -<< "Proxy-Authenticate: NTLM <...>=[\r][\n]"
> [DEBUG] wire - -<< "Content-Length: 503[\r][\n]"
> [DEBUG] wire - -<< "Content-Type: text/html[\r][\n]"
> [DEBUG] HttpMethodBase - -Should forcefully close connection.
> ...^
>
> [DEBUG] HttpMethodBase - -Execute loop try 3
> [DEBUG] HttpMethodBase - -Opening the connection.
> There's something in the proxy's response that prompts HttpClient to force close the
connection to the proxy, and that, of course, messes up NTLM authentication. The problem is
that there's nothing in the log that could shed light as why HttpClient thinks it should drop
the connection.