hc-dev mailing list archives

From "linea@libero.it" <li...@libero.it>
Subject MultiThread and setSoTimeout
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2003 13:32:47 GMT
Hi,

my question is the following: I would like to set different timeouts between
threads..What is the best way to do this?
I can't find any methods to set the timeout except in HttpClient and
HttpConnection. Setting it in HttpClient results in the same timeout for every
connection, and, as executing a method causes a connection to be automatically
allocated by the MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager, I don't know how to seta
timeout for an already allocated HttpConnection.

A solution could be to use different HttpClients, but this would affect
performances I guess..

Do I miss anything?

Many thanks