hc-dev mailing list archives

From "linea@libero.it" <li...@libero.it>
Subject setBodyCheckTimeout causes problems in closing the connection
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 14:12:56 GMT
Hi,
I'm using the latest build from gump and I've found out that setting the
option setBodyCheckTimeout(500) (which I need because I perform HEAD
requests to a lot of different servers) results in the connection not
being properly closed. This happens with the url
https://www.biomedcentral.com/info/about/peerreview
this doesn't happen using commons-httpclient-2.0-rc1.jar build..

Any suggestions?

many thanks in advance

My log:

1238   DEBUG [Thread-1] methods.HeadMethod - Check for non-compliant
response body. Timeout in 500
ms
1238   DEBUG [Thread-1] httpclient.HttpConnection - enter
HttpConnection.isResponseAvailable(int)
1241   DEBUG [Thread-1] httpclient.HttpConnection - Input data not available
1241   DEBUG [Thread-1] httpclient.HttpConnection - enter
HttpConnection.releaseConnection()
1241   DEBUG [Thread-1] httpclient.HttpConnection - Releasing connection
back to connection manager
.
1262   DEBUG [Thread-1] httpclient.HttpConnection - An error occurred
while reading from the socket
, is appears to be stale
java.net.SocketException: Socket Closed
         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.setOption(PlainSocketImpl.java:177)
         at java.net.Socket.setSoTimeout(Socket.java:898)
         at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.setSoTimeout(DashoA6275)
         at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.isStale(HttpConnection.java:465)
         at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.isOpen(HttpConnection.java:396)
         at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.SimpleHttpConnectionManager.getConnectionWithTimeout(Simpl
eHttpConnectionManager.java:144)
         at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.establishValidOpenConnection(HttpMethod
Director.java:231)
         at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethodForHost(HttpMethodDirector
.java:306)
         at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod(HttpMethodDirector.java:1
43)
         at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:378)
         at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:268)
         at CheckClient.run(CheckClient.java:190)
1265   DEBUG [Thread-1] httpclient.HttpConnection - Connection is stale,
closing...
1265   DEBUG [Thread-1] httpclient.HttpConnection - enter
HttpConnection.close()
1265   DEBUG [Thread-1] httpclient.HttpConnection - enter
HttpConnection.closeSockedAndStreams()