hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Gl├╝ck <ortwin.glu...@nose.ch>
Subject Re: HttpGet with Chunked response
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 07:08:28 GMT
Dan Tran wrote:
>   - The servlet picks up the GET request in doGet(), simulate a buffer
>     of TestSize, and send buffer back to the client using chunked
> Transfer-Encoding
>     by calling response.setHeader( "Transfer-Encoding", "chunked");

I don't think that you can force the server to use chunked encoding by
setting the header. I rather suggest:

- do not supply a content length
- turn off buffering in the servelet response and in server.xml:
            bufferSize="0" />

Then the server has no other possibility than use chunked TE (or fail
with a HTTP/1.0 client).

Odi