hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JDK 1.1.8 problems
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 20:53:22 GMT
On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 22:16, Michael Becke wrote:
> How much work was involved in the port?

It took me just a few hours, but I have to say I know quite a bit about
HttpClient's internals.

> Is it something that will be
> maintainable?

This year release is going to be the last one with JRE 1.1 support as
far as my application is concerned. I doubt I would actively maintain
the port myself. Unless someone else steps in, the port would be pretty
much unmaintainable.

Oleg

> Mike
>
> Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> > Folks,
> > I just finished porting HttpClient 2.0rc1 to JRE 1.1. If there's enough
> > interest I'll put a semi-official HttpClient fork on SourceForge.org for
> > those who, like me ,still have to support Java 1.1 platforms.
> > Any strong opinions for or against it?
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Oleg
> >

> > On Thu, 2003-08-14 at 21:36, David.Cowan@apcc.com wrote:
> >
> >>Not extremely urgent, but I would definately be interested in using it when
> >>you make it available.
> >>

> >>                    "Kalnichevski, Oleg"

> >>                    <oleg.kalnichevski@bearing        To:     "Commons HttpClient
Project"