hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: [VFS|HttpClient] Re: [VFS] Crashes in getContent()
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2003 04:01:57 GMT
> Folks, what was the outcome of this discussion?

>From my perspective, it fizzled and died here. I logged a bug report on
HttpClient (on one crash I received) but I don't believe any action has
occurred. The Krysalis stack of projects still fail nightly on Gump with
VFS/HttpClient. Please see:

    http://cvs.apache.org/builds/gump/latest/krysalis-version.html
    http://cvs.apache.org/builds/gump/latest/krysalis-centipede-site.html

That said, these here look like VFS crashes, however I believe they are due
to an earlier HttpClient crash. The stack I logged went into HttpClient and
crashed there, something to do with processing a simple redirect.

BTW: The lack of progress on this has finally pushed me to begin a re-write
of Krysalis Ruper to make VFS & HttpClient optional. The re-write is a good
thing for itself, but the inability to rely upon this foundation is
disappointing.

regards

Adam