hc-dev mailing list archives

From David.Co...@apcc.com
Subject Re: JDK 1.1.8 problems
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 21:01:29 GMT

That is really the only code that causes it not to work though.  It seems
like it would be worth changing 3 lines of code to support 1.1.8 users.

                    Oleg

                    Kalnichevski         To:     Commons HttpClient Project

                    <olegk@apache        <commons-httpclient-dev@jakarta.apache.org>

                    .org>                cc:

                                         Subject:     Re: JDK 1.1.8 problems

                    08/13/2003

                    03:46 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    "Commons

                    HttpClient

                    Project"

David,
HttpClient requires Java 2 compatible JRE (> 1.2.x), primarily because
it uses Java 2 collections framework. We have never aimed at providing
Java 1.1 compatibility.

Oleg