hc-dev mailing list archives

From David.Co...@apcc.com
Subject RE: JDK 1.1.8 problems
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 19:36:00 GMT

Not extremely urgent, but I would definately be interested in using it when
you make it available.

                    "Kalnichevski, Oleg"

                    <oleg.kalnichevski@bearing        To:     "Commons HttpClient Project"

                    point.com>                        <commons-httpclient-dev@jakarta.apache.org>

                                                      cc:

                    08/14/2003 10:45 AM               Subject:     RE: JDK 1.1.8 problems

                    Please respond to "Commons

                    HttpClient Project"

Odi, I was thinking about it. I do not mind making my Java 1.1 fork
available. The trouble is that it is quite outdated. There is a very high
likelihood that I will get a chance to update it before December this year,
but I would like to wait as long as I can in order to base it on one of our
2.1-beta releases (hopefully coming out by that time). As far as I am
concerned 2.0 is already a legacy platform.

David, let me know how urgently you need a Java 1.1 compatible version of
HttpClient. If waiting is an option, I'll happily share my HttpClient fork
with you as soon as I get a chance to bring it up to date

Oleg