hc-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Sutton <adr...@intencha.com>
Subject Re: what would an infinite loop in ChunkedInputStream.exhaustInputStream mean?
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2003 06:53:23 GMT
My semi-educated guess would be that the server never stops sending data so
HttpClient continues to try to read it.  This could either be because the
content-length was an extremely large number (larger than the size of an
int?) or perhaps because chunked encoding was used and the server never
sends the final closing chunk.

Probably an important question is: is it actually in an infinite loop or is
it waiting on data from the server?  It's possible that HttpClient expect
more content than the server sends and so they both wind up sitting their
waiting for each other until one of them eventually times out.

The answer to these questions and more probably lie in the wire trace log -
instructions on generating such a thing can be found at
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/logging.html

Hope that provides some hints anyway.

Regards,

Adrian Sutton.