hc-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Sutton <adr...@intencha.com>
Subject Re: Challenge Parser Changes
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 09:07:02 GMT

On Thursday, August 14, 2003, at 06:28  PM, Kalnichevski, Oleg wrote:

> Adrian,
>
> With the present implementation of the authentication challenge parser
>
> Basic realm="realm", test
>
> will produce param name: 'test', param value: null, whereas
>
> Basic realm="realm", test=
>
> will produce param name: 'test', param value: ''
>
> I think such behavior is correct. Do you see it differently?

I have no problem with the behavior at all, just wanted to clarify that
the change was deliberate.  In fact, the change was not to do with how
empty parameters at all, but rather that parameters are now stored in
lower case form instead of preserving the original case.  I think this
is valid but it happens to break my test case while still passing yours
(I had the same code but used noValue instead of test).

> Oleg

The code I'm using (and which passes) is now:

public void testParamsNoParamValue() throws Exception {
	Map params = AuthChallengeParser.extractParams("Basic realm=\"test\",
noValue");
	assertNull(params.get("novalue"));
	assertTrue(params.containsKey("novalue");
}

Regards,

Adrian Sutton.

Intencha "tomorrow's technology today"