hc-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Sutton <adr...@intencha.com>
Subject Challenge Parser Changes
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 00:31:11 GMT
Hi all,
Somewhere along the way, probably for a good reason,
AuthChallengeParser was changed so that a challenge string like:

Basic realm="test", noValue

would parse so that in the returned Map, "noValue" would equate to an
empty string instead of null as it previously did.  I only notice this
because I've got a test sitting around for it here that I haven't
checked in yet and it broke.  I just wanted to check what the actual
behaviour should be.  If it were intended as an external API I'd expect
the value to be null so there's a distinction between noValue and
noValue="" but since it's mostly an internal API that's public
defaulting to an empty string would be okay (and may be required by the
spec?).

Regards,

Adrian Sutton.
Intencha "tomorrow's technology today"