hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Kalnichevski, Oleg" <oleg.kalnichev...@bearingpoint.com>
Subject RE: JDK 1.1.8 problems
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 15:24:42 GMT
If you are able to sleep comfortably having shipped such a library to your clients, good for
you. I am not. Facing similar dilemma a year ago I ended up forking HttpClient.

Oleg

Well I don't agree with that.  I was able to remove all calls to setBuffer
and getBuffer and now have it up and working fine with 1.1.8.  I would
agree most desktop os's have Java2 but I am using this on an embedded Real
Time OS.  And there aren't many java 2 jvm's out there for RTOS's.  If
there we a great number of problems with keeping 1.1.8 compatibility I
would agree that its not worth it.  But with the minimal amount of changes
I had to make I think it would be worth doing for us poor saps that are
forced to use 1.1.8.  It would keep us from having to fork our own version.