hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Kalnichevski, Oleg" <oleg.kalnichev...@bearingpoint.com>
Subject RE: Presenting certificates for 2-way SSL authentication
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 14:01:48 GMT
Anu,

We do not support 2-way SSL authentication, as its details tend to be too specific to each
particular case. We do provide support for plugable custom SSL implementations, though. Please
refer to the 'Customizing SSL in HttpClient' section of the SSL guide below for more detailed
information.

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/sslguide.html

Cheers

Oleg

-----Original Message-----
From: Anu Kulatunga [mailto:anurudha@bea.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 7:45 AM
To: commons-httpclient-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Presenting certificates for 2-way SSL authentication

Hi,

I am trying to access a URL on a server that requires 2-way SSL authentication.
I believe this means that I will have to present my certificates to the server.

Does HTTPClient have a mechanism to facilitate this ?
What is the best way for me to present these certificates ?

Again.. please copy anurudha@bea.com in your reply as aI am not a subscriber of this mailing
list.
-Anu