hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Kalnichevski, Oleg" <oleg.kalnichev...@bearingpoint.com>
Subject RE: Proxied SSL connection
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2003 12:58:09 GMT
Ulrich,

Apparently your attachment got rejected by the mail server. Try posting it in ZIP format.

> Can't get a connection. I'm new to HttpClient, so it can be also be my fault: Depending
on the Port I choose for
> the Proxy I get two different errors:
>
> Port 80  -> Bad request
> Port 443 -> a bad Status line. A leading "HTTP" is missed

You need to know exactly what port your proxy is listening on. Do you know what type of proxy
you are using?

> If the bug is still pending, whats the way around ?

Have a look at the "Known limitations and problems" section of the SSL guide.

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/sslguide.html

> Is it possible to establish a connection with Java-Sockets and use this connection in
HttpClient to use
> all the nice features ?

That will not help much. Establishing an HTTP connection is not always as simple as opening
a socket. Besides, often the connection needs to be closed and re-open.

Oleg